Andrew Jackson Cottage
This cottage is one of about twelve cottages built in this style when there was an influx of lowland Scots people into S.E. Antrim. This cottage was built by the Donaldson family and lived in by them until 1979 when it was sold to Carrickfergus Borough Council. On the grounds of the cottage is the US Rangers Centre, a museum dedicated to the men of the first battalions of the elite American Army Unit the US Rangers that was first 'activated' in Carrickfergus in 1942. The display includes documents, uniforms and photographs, and other material detailing this famous combat unit.