Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of this neo-classical style. During the middle of the 20th century it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley-Harrison in the 1960s. The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th century. As this site is managed by the OPW, school tour visits are permitted free of charge provided certain conditions are met.
PRAGHSANNA!Saor in aisce.
UAIREANTA OSCAILTE!10.00am go 6.00pm (Lua-Dom)
2 Oct go 27 May