Sam 2015 45 4:46 Jan 1970 Jan 1970

The Main Guard

The Main Guard Featured Photo | Cliste!
Sam 2015 45 amhairc 4:46
The Main Guard Featured Photo | Cliste!
Sam 2015 45 amhairc 4:46
MORE VIDEOS!

James Butler, Duke of Ormond, built the Main Guard in 1675 as the courthouse for the Palatinate of the administrative area of County Tipperary. In 1715, the Palatinate jurisdiction was extinguished. In about 1810, the ground floor, a loggia of open arches, was converted into shops, a basement excavated and additional floors inserted. It has been recently restored to its original form and the open arcade of sandstone columns is once again a feature of the streetscape. As this site is managed by the OPW, school tour visits are permitted free of charge provided certain conditions are met.

favicon
James Butler, Duke of Ormond, built the Main Guard in 1675 as the courthouse for the Palatinate of the administrative area of County Tipperary. In 1715, the Palatinate jurisdiction was extinguished. In about 1810, the ground floor, a loggia of open arches, was converted into shops, a basement excavated and additional floors inserted. It has been recently restored to its original form and the open arcade of sandstone columns is once again a feature of the streetscape. As this site is managed by the OPW, school tour visits are permitted free of charge provided certain conditions are met.

PRAGHSANNA!
Saor in aisce.

UAIREANTA OSCAILTE!
An Luan: dúnta
An Mháirt: 9.00am go 5.00pm
An Chéadaoin: 9.00am go 5.00pm
An Déardaoin: 9.00am go 5.00pm
An Aoine: 9.00am go 5.00pm
An Satharn: 9.00am go 5.00pm
An Domhnach: 9.00am go 5.00pm

25 Sep go 28 Mar
Closed.

LÉARSCÁIL agus SEOLADH!

Foirm Fhiosrúcháin

Seol teachtaireacht chuig The Main Guard anois!

Stádas: sonraí neamhsheolta

 

 

TEAGHMHÁIL!
r  mainguard@opw.ie
g  heritageireland.ie/en/south-east/themainguard
t  052 6127484

SÓISIALTA!

BREATHNAIGH!

STAITISTIC!
Cruthaithe: August 30th, 2019 
Nuashonraithe: October 13th, 2019